|Salary:||Dependent on education and experience|
|Reports to:||Director of Transportation|
|Posting Date:||October 22, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Until Filled|
Operates a district school bus in the pickup and discharge of students in a safe and efficient manner. Maintains bus in clean condition and checks safety feature daily.
Knowledge (Position requirements at entry):
- Federal, state, county, and municipal traffic laws
- Safety procedures and guidelines
- Department and district policies
- First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Skills (Position requirements at entry):
- Driving school bus and using bus equipment such as brake sticks, wheelchair lifts and tie downs, two-way radios, PA system, fuel pumps, and tire checkers.
- Using light maintenance and cleaning equipment and tools such as scrapers, tire thumpers, brooms, vacuum cleaners, mops, and other such cleaning equipment and tools.
- Applying First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation techniques.
- Reading maps.
- Monitoring and discipling children.
- Providing and maintaining a safe atmosphere on bus.
- Inspecting bus to ascertain problems and maintain safety.
- Perform emergency evacuations.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Training and Experience (Position requirements at entry):
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. or any combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as listed above.
- Successful driving record for the past 5 years.
Licensing Requirements (Position requirements at entry):
- Appropriate commercial driver’s license and state bus driver’s certificate.
- Current First Aid and CPS certifications.
- Transport children safely and timely to and from school.
- Monitor children and administer discipline for minor problems, prepare appropriate paperwork to report serious discipline concerns to the Principal.
- Inspect busses including both pre- and post-trip, ensure that safety guidelines are followed, ascertain readiness of mechanical and electrical items and note any damages.
- Clean the interior of the bus to include washing windows, picking up trash, dusting and sweeping floors.
- Further sanitize the interior of the bus if it transported passengers who have been found to have carried infectious illness, disease or parasites.
- Fill out required daily forms including time sheets, bus information sheets, mileage reports, vehicle discrepancy reports, incident reports, seating charts, route sheets, and if necessary, Medicaid Billing.
- Report all accidents to roper authorities and complete required reports.
- Fill bus wit fuel.
- Participate in bus evacuation, radio, and First Aide/CPR training.
- Perform and supervise bus evacuations.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Incumbents may be subject to vibrations, fumes, odors, extreme temperatures, intense noises and travel.
- Exerting up to 100 pound of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. (Jobs are sedentary if working and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.)
Application is in WORD format