maine consolidated school
Covid-19 | School Communication
As the school year begins, Coconino County Health and Human Services (CCHHS) would like to ensure you have the latest information on COVID-19 and how we can continue to stay connected as developments arise.
- CCHHS has adapted COVID-19 reporting as we move into the endemic stage of the pandemic. One comprehensive COVID-19 report is published each Friday by 10 a.m. and the COVID-19 Weekly Schools Report has been discontinued. The weekly Coconino County COVID-19 Report is available here.
Community Level and CDC Masking Guidance
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends masking protocol based on each county’s Community Level. You can find Coconino County’s Community Level in the Weekly COVID-19 Report linked above*. To find masking guidance, click here.
- To summarize current masking guidance, see below. At the time of sending this email, Coconino County is in Medium Community Level based on CCHHS reporting.
- Low COVID-19 Community Level: No masking is advised
- Medium COVID-19 Community Level: Consider wearing a mask when indoors when in contact with someone at high-risk for severe disease
- High COVID-19 Community Level: Wearing a well-fitting mask indoors in public is recommended, regardless of vaccination status (including in K-12 schools and other indoor community settings)
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
- Click here for the details on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. Please note: CCHHS continues to recommend that individuals follow CDC masking guidance and mask to their comfort and risk level.
COVID-19 Vaccines for Children
- Children six months and older are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Moderna vaccine is available for ages 6 months to 5 years, two doses, four weeks apart.
- The Pfizer vaccine, (already approved for ages 5 to17 years at a lower dosage) is approved for 6 months to 4 years, two doses, three weeks apart, and a third dose at least two months later.
- Coconino County Health and Human Services is administering child and adult vaccines at CCHHS clinics. Additionally, several healthcare providers and pharmacies offer COVID-19 vaccinations. COVID-19 vaccines are provided at no cost. Click here for COVID-19 vaccination locations.
- COVID-19 testing locations can be found here.
- Families can order COVID-19 at-home tests from the Federal Government here.
- Schools and districts can request at-home COVID-19 tests from CCHHS to distribute to staff and families by completing the COVID-19 Rapid Test Order Form located at LINK.
Help for Coconino County Families Impacted by COVID-19
- K-12 students and families in Coconino County who have tested positive for COVID-19 since July 1, 2021, can receive help paying for groceries, lodging, and laundry services. This program is offered by the Coconino County Superintendent of Schools. Learn more here and please consider sharing the attached flyers with your families.
Staying in Touch with CCHHS
- If you need to contact CCHHS or if you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share Updated Information with Your School Community
- Please follow CCHHS on social media for the latest updates on COVID-19. Please share the posts as you see fit.
*Please note that the reporting time frames for the Coconino County COVID-19 Weekly Report and the CDC County Level data postings vary.
- The Coconino County COVID-19 Weekly Report includes data from the previous week that has been reviewed. Incorrect, duplicated, or incomplete data within the dataset has been removed. CCHHS is using data from Coconino County hospitals to calculate Community Level.
- The CDC is reporting Community Level for Coconino County using metrics from the Coconino, Maricopa, and Pinal County health service area. This report provides a more global view of current transmission.
- It is beneficial to review both the CDC and CCHHS data resources and to also consider the level of illness in your school community to inform decision making.
We will continue to provide updates as needed. Thank you for your partnership and all you do to serve the children and families of Coconino County.
Director-Health and Human Services
2625 N. King St.
Flagstaff, AZ 86004