maine consolidated school
Special Board Meeting
MAINE CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL DISTRICT # 10 P.O. Box 50010 Parks, Arizona 86018 (928-635-2115)
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes, A.R.S. 38-4311.02 and A.R.S. 15-321, notice is hereby given to the members of the Maine Consolidated School District Governing Board, and to the General Public, that the Governing Board will hold a regular meeting open to the public in the Board Room at Maine School, Parks, Arizona. The Board reserves the right to change the order of items on the agenda, with the exception of any public hearing. If any person with a disability needs any type of accommodation, please notify the Maine Consolidated School District Office at the above listed phone number at least 8 hours prior to the scheduled time.
Maine Consolidated School District is dedicated to achieving educational excellence for all. Through high expectations, the development of lifelong learning habits, promoting active parental involvement, and quality professional development; we enable our students to embrace the change, growth, and opportunities for achievement in the diverse world of their future, and thereby become productive and successful citizens.
June 21, 2021 @4:00 PM
- Call to order
- 2. Adoption of the agenda
- 3. Pledge of allegiance
- 4. Moment of Silence
- 5. Board Meeting minutes not previously approved:
- a. Minutes: May 10, May 19, May 24, May27
- 6. Presentations:
- a. Community Resource Center
- b. Search committee update
- 7. Information and discussion items: (NO Action Taken)
- a. Governing Board members;
- b. Summer work update: carpet, grounds, fencing, painting, SPED septic line
- c. Mitigation plans for SY 2021-2022
- d. IT internal position update
- e. IT networking and wifi update
- f. Audit completed by Dobridge and Company
- g. ESSER III: 184K
- h. New board member training
- 8. Call to the Public: (members of the Governing Board shall not discuss or take legal action on matters raised during an open call to the public unless the matters are properly noticed for discussion and legal action)
- 9. Action items:
- a. Consent agenda;
- 1. Payroll vouchers: 22, 23, 24
- 2. Expense vouchers: 2125, 2126, 2127
- 3. Expenditure report,
- 4. Student Activity, Auxiliary, Insurance, Revolving
- b. Specific items of District business:
- 1.Consideration and approval of changes to agenda format: moving information and discussion above Action items
- 2. Consideration and approval of preliminary budget for SY 2021-2022; cert 4.1% ave. raise, Class 5.4% ave. raise
- 3. Consideration and approval of prior adoption of 4 day school week having held 2 public meetings
- 4. Consideration and approval of Community Resources Center
- 5. Consideration and approval of bus 32 disposal or repurpose
- 6. Consideration and approval of bids: truck repair (RWC sole bid)
- 7. Consideration and approval of agreement with Red Cross for facility use to provide disaster relief support
- 8. Consideration and approval of review of search committee and administrator hiring process and update
- 9. Consideration and approval of request for early entrance into kindergarten.
- 10. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Legal Advice: Pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.03.A(2), the Board may vote to enter executive session for discussion and considerations of records exempt by law from public inspection:
- a. Request for early entrance into kindergarten.
- 11. Requests for future agenda items:
- a. Timeline for budget meeting and adoption of budget for SY 2021-2022
- b. Setting dates and times for board interview of candidates
- a. Consent agenda;
- 12. Adjournment
Maine Consolidated School District #10 P.O. Box 50010 Parks, Arizona 86018 (928)-635-2115
Maine Consolidated School District #10
Special Board Meeting April 22, 2021
- Scott McClung called the meeting to order at 4:00 pm. Kaitlin Cloud, Scott McClung, Brienne McDowell and Raena Woods were all present.
- Brienne McDowell motioned to accept the agenda as presented. Scott McClung 2nd the motion. 4-0 motion carries.
- The Pledge of Allegiance was said and a moment of silence observed.
- Brienne McDowell motioned to accept minutes not previously approved. Scott McClung 2nd the motion. 4-0 motion carries.
- Kirsten Ironside arrived.
- The presentation for the community resource center was postponed. There was a presentation from Rebecca Cauthen to update the board on the progress of the search committee for the replacement of Dr. William.
- Governing Board Report: Scott McClung mentioned that about ½ of the school district is in set status to evacuate due to the Raphael Fire. Brienne McDowell wanted to mention the great job that Mrs. Crouse did on the 2nd grade paly and talent show. Scott McClung also made mention of the terrific job Pete Asmus did on the obstacle course the last day of school. Kaitlin Cloud and Raena Woods introduced themselves as new board members. There will be a board retreat ASAP to be followed by a staff retreat.
- Superintendent’s Report: Dr. Williams discussed the mitigation strategies for the beginning of the school year and stated that this should be revisited as soon as new administration is in place. Dylan Hearn is interested in the IT position. NAU is currently upgrading the WiFi and changing out old switches. Our audit went well. The district will be receiving approximately $185,000 from ESSR III funding. There will be new board member training soon. There is going to soon be 7.1 Billion in funding for hardware updates through ERATE that the district will be applying for.
- Call to the Public: Tara Mitchell and Kristin Clark appealed to the board to allow them to be interviewed even though the search committee didn’t choose them for an interview in their process. Pete Asmus spoke to the board about what the hiring process. Matthew McDowell spoke to the board regarding safety concerns with the buses backing up. That issue will be put on the next agenda.
- Kirsten Ironside motioned to approve the consent agenda. Brienne McDowell 2nd the motion. 5-0 motion carries
- Kirsten Ironside motioned to consider and approve a format change in the meeting agendas. Kaitlin Cloud 2nd the motion. New format is being used in tonight’s meeting. 5-0 motion carries
- Brienne McDowell motioned to consider and accept the FY22 proposed budget. Kirsten Ironside 2nd the motion. 5-0 motion carries
- Kirsten Ironside motioned to consider and approve the previous approval of a 4-day school week. Scott McClung 2nd the motion. Dr. Williams stated that the state wanted an update and approval of what MCSD is going to do going forward with the 4-day school week. We will continue on the current school schedule. 5-0 motion carries.
- Community Resource Center will be discussed next month.
- Kaitlin Cloud motioned to consider and approve Bus 32 disposal or repurposing. Brienne McDowell 2nd the motion. Dr. Williams explained the options. It was decided to repurpose the bus with a project head to lead to project forward. 5-0 motion carries.
- Brienne McDowell motioned to consider and approve bus repair bids for FY22. Kaitlin Cloud 2nd the motion. We went back out to bid in May as we only received a no bid from Bellemont Truck repair. We received back only 1 bid from RWC. RWC will be our service provider. 5-0 motion carries
- Brienne McDowell motioned to consider and approve an agreement with Red Cross for facility use in community emergencies and disasters. Scott McClung 2nd the motion. 5-0 motion carries
- Brienne McDowell motioned to consider and approve a review of the search committee and the administrator hiring process. Kaitlin Cloud 2nd the motion. Brienne expressed concerns about why the 2 internal resumes did not receive a first round interview. She restated her motion to stop the hiring process and appoint the 2 internal interested parties as team leadership administration. There was no 2nd. She restated her motion to allow the 2 parties to be interviewed by the board in the 2nd round. The motion was 2nd by Scott McClung. 4-1 motion carries it was opposed by Kirsten Ironside
- Raena Woods motioned to enter executive session. Motion was 2nd by Kaitlin Cloud. 5-0 motion carries
- Kirsten Ironside motioned to enter back into regular session. Scott McClung 2nd the motion. 5-0 motion carries
- Scott McClung motioned to allow student with a birthday of 9/2/2016 into kindergarten next school year. Brienne McDowell 2nd the motion. 5-0 motion carries
- Future Agenda Items: Budget Adoption, Bus back up procedures. Scott McClung motioned to adjourn. Brienne McDowell 2nd the motion. 5-0 motion carries